Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Focus, Focus, Focus

Why is that we want for what we don't have?
Why is that I want to be doing something different rather than doing what I should be doing?

UGH... not sure if its a sign of spring or my natural nature to buck the system.
I love planning and I make lists and lists and schedules and write out plans but everytime I start doing what I am scheduled to do ... I want to do something else!!!!

This weekend we metup with a friend from back east in Sacramento.
We did lunch then "found" a golf expo, so while Kailtyn and I are sitting there watching Sean hit golfballs at the driving range a lady approached me about scrapbooking...
oh you MUST see the new scrap store in Rocklin... its only 13 miles away...hmmmmm what an excuse to get out of the hot 90 degree heat...
so I packed up Kailtyn and stole the car and headed 13 miles north!
Yes it was a georgous store! Green Tangerine is so hipp!!! Love it.. although its so clean and fresh that it doens't lean towrds the distressed clusteered style I lean towrds.
Bought a few things and Kailtyn indluged in her own basket with papers and embellishments!
Yes I am pro creativity when it come to teaching my child ART!

oh yeah where am I going with this....
so I got home that night all inspired to create and was WHAMMED with reality!
HOMEWORK! Ugh....
The scrapping has been lacking due to this thing call school!!!
Any then today when I have a little time..... I don't FEEL like scrappin..

so now I have come full circle with this rambling... why is it that I don't feel like doing what I am currently doing ?
UGH.... hope the urge to scrap surges for this weekend... National Scrapbook day! otherwiose I guess I will be drinking Margarita for Cinco de Mayo!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...maybe it runs in the family. So many times I am feeling creative but the real world gets in the way. Then I have some free time and don't feel creative. Oh well. Good to know that I am not the only one feeling this way! I did just finish an album for Mark for his birthday. Can you believe he turns 50 at the end of the month?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I can't believe that! it seems like just a few years aog I remember Ellen as a helper in our Girl scout troop ;)
    I need to see, I need to see!
    Are you headed to MI for the wedding?

    ReplyDelete