Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wasn't MTV a music channel?

Okay so I'm going to date myself here but I remember the days when MTV was NEW! Yes it was ALL about music.. watching music videos on tv. I remember hanging out after school watching the latest songs....
so then life happens and I'm not much of a tv person.. a have a few shows I have to watch but if I miss them life goes on....
well life went on for me and the next thing I know my 16 yr olds are watching MTV.. I didn't realize it because its not about music anymore its about"real life"... and REALLY is it real life?
Most of the time I have to ask them to turn the channel because the language is not approortate for the 4 year running around the house.
So after the 4 year olds in bed or napping MTV comes alive when the boys are home...
AGAIN its NOT music... it about teenagers.... the show PArental COntrol.... parents selecting date for their child while the one the parents dis approve of is watching the date with the parents! I got hooked watching it because I was in such awe! Is this real? Teenagers swearing and disrespecting their girlfriends/boyfriends parents , in the parents homes no less!!!
OH NO! That would have never happened in my house... myhusband still jumps when my father talks to him!!! Being enraged ... I now believe this is why our society is becoming so disrespectful. If my son's girlfreind called me a "hoe" in my home she would find herself on her A** on the other side of my front door!

So getting back to the music.... hmmm I guess thats why VH1 was created.

2 comments:

  1. I always thought that the M in MTV stood for music too! I too remember when they actually played music on MTV. I don't know what to think of reality TV, though I do admit to being sucked into watching sometimes because that seems to be what is on every station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny - I'm reading this while watching MTV.

    ReplyDelete