Thursday, June 07, 2007

Schools out for Summer!!!!

Well it was out last friday but already a week has whizzed by...

This first week has been just relaxing, sleeping in for the boys and Kailtyn understanding its summer vacation and there is no school. There has been lots of crying jaggs about this concept. Thankfully this girl LOVES school. She starts Kindergarden two weeks before the boys.

No exciting plans of yet for the summer, hopeing to get in a couple camping trips like last year to Sly Creek. I do plan for the fourth to wake up extra early to expereince the balloon lift off again. It was soo cool last year I went with just the boys.. this year I am PLANNING the event.
Donuts, coffee and a blanket to watch the show from. Maybe we'll even go to the firworks this year at our High school football field and expereince the ground shaking while taking in the beautiful display of the firworks.... yeah I think its time to venture the crowds....

Summmer is different this year because the boys want jobs and I still have school.
I only have one family I do daycare for this summer and both of them are mobile and well behaved for me, so with the parents permission and Matts help ( he didn't get into summer school) I will try to plan a field trip a week. Its amazing what you find on the internet about your local surrounding... something even you didn't know exisited and I feel I am more aware of my surrounding than your average Joe. FOr example who would have thought there was a volvanco park in the Oakland hills? Pretty wild huh?
So I hope to get a few field trips in as it will probably be my last summer to spend much time with the boys... I'm hoping they will warm up for the camera so I can so good pics .. they are such young men now.

Ahhh summer, not the same her in CA as it was for me growing up in a small New England town where I would lay on the beach all day swim in the lake and have carefree days. Crowds what are those? At least I didn't expereince them on the small lake in the area I grew up in.
the only bad memories of NE summers... mosquites!!! especially buzzing around you head while you trying to sleep under the stars.
CA worse summer thing.... 108 degrees! Guess I will suck in the sunshine in the lovely 80 degrees this week before the heatwave begins.

2 comments:

  1. So enjoy reading your blog.Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun summer. Becca gets out the 19th. I can't wait. She really likes school but I think that she is ready for a break too. Kenzie doesn't make the cut off to start Kindergarten this fall so she'll have another year home with me.
    You don't miss the mosquitoes?? and don't forget the black flies. Thank goodness for bugspray and mosquito coils!

    ReplyDelete